Terms and Conditions
By registering for Antwerp Model United Nations Conference 2020 (27 FEBRUARY -1 MARCH 2020) (hereafter referred to as “AntwerpMUN vzw” or “AntwerpMUN” or “the organisation”) and using this website, registering via MyMUN or the subscription for our activities you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
Liability of AntwerpMUN
- The organising team of the AntwerpMUN conference are all volunteers. The participant hereby agrees to indemnify the organisation against any and all losses, claims, costs, charges, expenses, damages and liabilities whatsoever which the participant may incur as a result of participation in the event.
- If your legal interests are infringed upon, AntwerpMUN vzw and each team member shall only be responsible for intent or gross negligence.
- You shall hold the student association AntwerpMUN vzw only accountable if other regress is unavailable.
- Participants are obliged to abide by the Belgian law during whole time of the conference. Any use of illegal drugs, criminal activities or any violations of the law will result in participant´s expulsion from the whole conference and the participant may be held criminally liable. In the case of the expulsion of participant no claims for refund can be made.
- AntwerpMUN vzw cannot be held responsible for any physical injury. Therefore, every participant is asked to carry his/her health insurance card at all times, so that in case of hospitalization or repatriation there will not be any problems.
- AntwerpMUN vzw cannot be held responsible for unforeseen situations or cases of force majeure such as delay, accident, strike, defect, weather conditions, theft, etc. that may cause additional transportation, accommodation or replacement costs.
Applying for AntwerpMUN 2020 will include giving us some personal data. This will we do with it:
- We will respect the participant’s privacy and acknowledges that the participant’s personal data is important to him/her.
- We will save and use the data for your participation at the conference.
- We reserve the right to transfer your data (in anonymised form) to sponsors for statistics and financing purpose.
- The conference will have an official photographer. The participant can be photographed and/or be filmed during the conference.
- AntwerpMUN vzw reserves the right to use any video or photo footage from the conference and social events for its website, social networks and further promotion of the event and/or for archival purposes.
- AntwerpMUN vzw claims copyright on all materials, photos, logos and articles on its website and social networks. No data can be used by third parties without the permission of the organisation or proper credit.
- The copyright of any such material shall be owned by the organisation without payment or compensation to the participants portrayed in the media.
Registration and applications for the Antwerp Model United Nations Conference need to be done via MyMUN.com. The participant needs to create a profile on the platform and apply there for the conference. When applicating the participant needs to pay the entrance fee and the administration fee for MyMUN, which is not included in the entrance fee. Upon completion of the payment, the participant will receive confirmation and will be registered as a delegate.
When the application gets denied by the organisation or the jury the full entrance fee will be refunded.
Please note that your application is not successfully completed until we have received your pariticipation fee.
- The amount you'll have to pay may vary depending on whether the participant is a registered member of the Antwerp Model United Nations vzw or not and depending on when the participant applies.
- When you are a member of the AntwerpMUN vzw, you'll have to pay the full price on the MyMUN platform and let the organization know of your membership. After verifying we will pay back your membership discount.
The fees for the edition of 2020 are:
- €65 for members and €75 for non-members from 30 October 2019 until 13 February 2020.
In case of no approval by the jury and the organization, you will get the fee back. Accommodation expenses and administration fee of MyMUN are not included.
Annulments and terminations
Every participant has the right to annul his/her participation. The following charges will be applied per annulment:
Until 31 December 2019:
- Aforementioned entrance fee minus €30 + possible additional expenses will be repaid to the annulling participant.
From 1 January 2020 until the start of the (MUN) event:
- The participant loses all claims to have his/her entrance fee refunded, and may be charged possible additional expenses.
In case of force majeure:
- The aforementioned entrance fee minus the “possible additional expenses” will be repaid to the annulling participant.
- Force majeure should be proven by the participant.
- Refunds are always excluding the registration fee on the MyMUN platform.
- Bank transaction costs will be avoided as much as possible in consultation with the participant to find alternatives, for example PayPal.
- Bank transaction costs or conversion costs are to be paid by the participant.
International participants requiring a visa
- International participants requiring a visa can ask the AntwerpMUN vzw for an invitation letter which might help with your visa procedure but is not a guarantee.
- The invitation letter will be sent online and can be printed by the participant.
- If the participant requires a paper version of the invitation letter the shipping costs are to be paid by the participant.
- AntwerpMUN is not responsible for the loss of the invitation letter or for a delay during shipping.
- The invitation letter consists of a brief explanation of the conference, the details of the participant and a signature by an official board member of the AntwerpMUN vzw.
- Participants requesting an invitation letter should forward to details asked by the organisation of the AntwerpMUN as soon and as correct as possible.
- When international participants get denied their visa, they need documents of the embassy or institution proving their refusal. Upon verification the entrance fee will be refunded (excluding administration fee or accomodation).
Dissolution by AntwerpMUN
AntwerpMUN vzw holds the right to dissolve a subscription without compensation if, before or during the event, extraordinary circumstances occur. However, these have to be circumstances that could not have been known to AntwerpMUN and that, if they had been known, would have been a valid reason to cancel the event or the accommodation.